Moses H. Cone Park, MP 294
A majestic 4,200 acres at the foot of Grandfather Mountain, named in honor of Julian Price, lies directly adjacent to the Moses H. Cone Memorial Park.
Together these parks comprise the largest developed area set aside for public recreation on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
What to Do
- Visit the Parkway’s official craft center at Flat Top Manor at the Moses Cone estate and watch mountain handicraft demonstrations
- Explore a family cemetery, carriage and apple barn, and an extensive system of carriage trails for a unique Parkway visit
- Enjoy ample nature walks and hiking trails throughout the parks
- Picnic and take your choice of more than 100 picnic sites
- Camp under the stars at the Parkway’s largest campground
- Enjoy seasonal interpretive programs at a 300-seat amphitheater, guided walks and evening campfire program
Explore the listing of hours and opening and closing dates for visitor centers, campgrounds, and concessions and facilities - many of which are at or near the Highlights featured.