Rocky Knob & Mabry Mill, MP 169, 176.2
Rocky Knob and Mabry Mill offer many opportunities for visitors including hiking, camping, picnicking, and a visit to one of the most-photographed structures along the Blue Ridge Parkway, Mabry Mill.
Mabry Mill was a community center for the Meadows of Dan area when it operated as a gristmill and sawmill.
Today, the area becomes another kind of community gathering place each Sunday afternoon during the summer as musicians and dancers gather.
What to Do
- Explore a short trail around the mill connecting historical exhibits about life in rural Virginia and allows visitors to view the gristmill, sawmill, and blacksmith shop
- Choose from three large picnic areas to rest and rejuvenate
- Take a hike into Rockcastle Gorge
- Enjoy wonderful agricultural scenes along the roadway that make this a truly unique portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- During peak seasons, enjoy demonstrations of crafts by National Park Service volunteers at Mabry Mill
Explore the listing of hours and opening and closing dates for visitor centers, campgrounds, and concessions and facilities - many of which are at or near the Highlights featured.