Crabtree Falls Campground - MP 339.5
The Crabtree Falls Campground and picnic area are closed for 2014. Trails are still accessible.
The campground has 71 tent and 22 RV sites. Crabtree Falls Loop Trail is a 2.5-mile, strenuous hike to the 70-foot-tall falls. For information call (828) 675-4236.
The brilliant pink crabtree blossoms each May, and was once the cornerstone of this area’s wildflower display. Though there are hardly any crabtrees here now, the area still offers an impressive array of wildflowers each spring.
- Campground - CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Crabtree Falls Loop Trail
- Campground restaurant - CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Gift shop - CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Picnic area with restrooms (MP 340.2) - CURRENTLY CLOSED