Find your way back to fresh air, bright skies and warm hospitality in Shenandoah County, Virginia. From Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park, it’s a short drive into Shenandoah County, home to six unique and beautiful historic towns with plenty to offer.
Dine at fabulous restaurants and cafes, or visit one of our award-winning vineyards or breweries for a relaxing afternoon. Map a journey across the Shenandoah Spirits Trail to enjoy several wineries, craft breweries, cideries and distilleries. Take home a piece of Shenandoah County pottery, artwork, fiber art or other artisan creation. View the colorful murals painted by world-renowned artists in downtown Strasburg. If you prefer more activity, there are great hiking trails, back roads for biking, public river access, and a four-season resort.
Experience the best of rural Virginia:
- History and Genealogy
- Outdoor recreation opportunities from extreme sports to leisurely strolls
- Unique attractions, antiques and artisan studios
- Lodging options from charming Bed and Breakfasts to rustic camping
- Agricultural traditions reflected in local farms, markets and farm-fresh meals, and
- Scenic vistas that will stay with you long after your departure.
For a free visitor guide and guide to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah County, visit us at visitshenandoahcounty.com or call (540) 459-6227.