Camping is one way visitors traveling through the Blue Ridge Parkway can spend the night under the stars in one of America’s most beautiful natural settings.
The Parkway’s nine campgrounds were built years ago and do not offer hookups, but most have at least some sites that will accommodate sizeable recreational vehicles, and all offer restrooms (showers are available at Mt. Pisgah campground only), drinking water, picnic tables and grills.
- Otter Creek Campground - MP 60.8
- Peaks of Otter Campground - MP 85.6
- Roanoke Mountain Campground - MP 120.4
- Rocky Knob Campground - MP 161.1
- Doughton Park Campground - MP 239.2
- Price Park Campground - MP 296.9
- Linville Falls Campground - MP 316.4
- Crabtree Falls Campground - MP 339.5
- Mount Pisgah - MP 408.6
- Explore a listing of opening and closing dates for Parkway campgrounds, visitor centers and facilities
These campgrounds are open from May - October with fees charged on a per night basis, which includes two adults over age 18. Children accompanied by an adult camp free. Reservations may be made for some sites in advance. To make a reservation, visit www.recreation.gov or call toll-free 877.444.6777. As a general rule, demand is higher on weekends and holidays.
Group camping is available only at Linville Falls Campground. Call 828.765.6082 for more information. In addition, limited backcountry camping is available via permit at Basin Cove in Doughton Park 336.372.8568 and Rock Castle Gorge 540.745.9661. Camping outside of designated campgrounds (or without a permit at backcountry sites) is prohibited.
Other Campgrounds in proximity to the Blue Ridge Parkway
Many private and state camping facilities, offering a range of amenities to tent and RV campers, are available throughout the Parkway region.